Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Hitting a Wall



This wall. I have struggled with what to do with this wall from the beginning. Currently it makes absolutely no sense. The layout and the size of the artwork and pictures are just all wrong.  The picture collage is off in its own world and the two pieces of artwork are too small for the space. What goes on here? I have no idea. Certainly not my finest decorating moment.




 Enter this crazy piece of artwork that Greg’s grandmother gave us. Her name is Despina, she is 100% Greek and speaks very little English. She is awesome. It is her tradition to make these crochet artwork pieces whenever a grandchild gets married. We actually had another one bestowed upon us at my bridal shower which pictures a husband and wife. This one we snagged another time while visiting at their house. We have other plans for the husband/wife piece. I think this scenery design would work great on that wall. It is a generous size and the colors work well with the room. 



It's pretty crazy, right? 
Then I started thinking. Why not create a whole frame wall? You can read about the one I created in our stairwell here. These frame walls have become super trendy and probably overdone but I think it’s a great solution for such a huge, oddly shaped wall. We already have some other pieces in mind that we want to incorporate. Some have been sitting around this house for quite some time waiting for a home to be hung.  I may purchase a couple others to fill in the space.  This print from Etsy (mentioned in this post) would make a great addition. I love the juxtaposition of this simple black and white print with the more traditional piece from Greg’s grandma. Plus it ties back to the black and white elements in the room.
I am envisioning an eclectic frame wall. A very different feel from the all-white frame wall upstairs. Here are some of my inspirations. 

image from here

image from here

image from here


image from here

I am hoping this will be the solution I have been looking for and bring this room closer to what I envision it being. In reality it could end up looking like a hot mess. I’ll be sure to share all the details once it starts to take shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment