Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Clusters

I love creating little design clusters in each room. They provide a place to display our favorite objects- gifts, souvenirs, pictures, etc. I used this opportunity to practice with my new camera. Going from room to room I tried to capture these areas in different lights using various settings.


A skull from our honeymoon in Playa del Carmen, Mexico paired with a chevron vase from Target and coral from our trip to Hawaii with our best friends. 



Gold sea urchin from Nate Berkus for Target. I love his collections, so awesome and affordable. 





Statue from Dominican Republic and shell from Hawaii. 






Glass bottles that my Dad got me from Italy. 


 
I had such a hard time trying to photograph this area of our dining room. Any tips for photographing in front of a window?






Dresser in our bedroom- a picture from our engagement shoot and a drumstick from the one and only Carter Beauford of DMB that Greg caught at a concert. 





Buffet in our dining
room- mostly items from Target and Home Goods. 



I need a lot of help with my photography as well as some type of photo editing program. It all seems really overwhelming but I am enjoying the practice.  I have been reading some online tutorials regarding aperture and shutter speed which have really helped but clearly I have a long way to go.


How do you display your favorite things? I love mixing Target finds with items we've brought back from trips or from a special occasion. I think these areas are what make a home special and surround you with happy memories.







No comments:

Post a Comment