Thursday, May 15, 2014

Color Inspiration: Black + White



I recently added touches of black and white in our living room- a rug, a pouf, pillows, a vase…it took me a really long time to get our living room to where it is now and it still needs work but I think these touches really helped bring the room together. The walls are aqua and previously I kept trying to bring in different accent colors (orange, green, yellow) to play off the walls but none of them felt right. I finally realized that I just needed to let the walls be the star and keep the rest of the room neutral. Now the room feels cohesive and comfortable.

Here are some black and white items I rounded up that could work with almost any color scheme. 




'Be You' picture- I could see this in an entryway, a child’s room, a bathroom, anywhere really.
Rug- Stripes go with everything, this one could be really fun in a living or dining room.
Oversized basket- Perfect for hiding toys or a mess when company is coming over. Just throw a blanket over it and you’re all set.
Knobs- Change out the knobs the came with your dresser, buffet or entertainment unit, such a quick and easy update. 
Striped box- Store all of your remotes in here instead of the crevices of your couch.
Shaggy pillow- Who wouldn’t want to snuggle up to this on the couch? And it adds great texture to the room.


Ever paint a room a bold color and then have nothing to go with it? What are your go to accessory colors? Sometimes you get a room right the first time but I think more often than not a room comes together over time which can give a more layered look.
 




3 comments:

  1. Love your picks - that print is gorgeous! I found you via BYW and I so love your blog :) Will have to add to my blogroll :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ruth, I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  2. GREAT job on your homework and I love your blog template too! :) xo
    Holly

    ReplyDelete