Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Green in, yellow out

OK- I'm still obsessed with all things yellow- but after playing around with a mood board for the living room I decided I didn't so like the yellow with our pale aqua wall color as much as I thought I would. In theory aqua and yellow seemed like a good idea but in reality it was a little too bright for me. I decided to keep with the green accents I already have going on and kick out the few orange accessories I added some months back.
I had just ordered green pillows that I had planned for the bedroom but actually look much better in the living room. I also picked up a faux fur pillow from Target that I was oddly drawn to. I decided to take a chance and see how it looked at home on the couch. I think it's a keeper. It's a nice off white which balances out the green and aqua pillows and adds some great texture.
After rearranging the living room a few days after Christmas (our tree made an early exit this year because I was really itching to get that recliner in place and out of the way) I realized that I really love the new furniture placement. And as Greg pointed out- it's all thanks to the new recliner. Spending so much time in our 'new living room' I also realized that it's feeling really dark with all the black furniture, black picture frames, dark chocolate curtains...so I have plans to lighten it up. I'm super excited for our new entertainment center (we bought one at Crate and Barrel) to come in a couple weeks which will go a long way towards freshening up the space and making it feel more airy. I also decided I want to change out the black picture frames and I have some ideas for new artwork above the TV. Greg also has some ideas of getting a new TV since he somehow thinks getting a new TV stand means we need a new TV, hmmm....
Finally, I'm feeling like I want to switch out the heavy brown curtains with some nice airy white panels to brighten up the space even more. I love the contrast of the white and aqua and the white with the dark floor- we will also be adding some white furniture accents. More to come when our new furniture arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment